With all of the dietary restrictions in our house, it's rare that the three of us can sit down and actually eat the exact same thing! However, when my Aunt Ruth made dinner for the family on one of my two recent trips to Arizona, it was love at first bite for this recipe:
1 lb. ground beef
1 c. Minute Rice
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. finely chopped onions
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 c. water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix first 6 ingredients together by hand in a large mixing bowl.
3. Form meat into balls (about golf ball size) and place in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish (spray with Pam first for easier cleanup).
4. Mix together tomato sauce and 1 c. water; pour over meatballs.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 45-minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15-minutes.
Yep, it's that easy!